- ADMISSIONS & AID
- HEALTH, SAFETY & WELL-BEING
- MEDIA CENTER
Pell Grant Match
The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate students to promote access to postsecondary education. SIT Study Abroad is committed to making its study abroad programs affordable for a diversity of students, including low-income undergraduates who might otherwise not pursue international opportunities. Our Pell Grant Match program provides matching grants to students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding for the term during which they are studying with SIT. This award can be applied to any SIT program. Qualified students must complete the scholarship portion of their application.
How to receive the SIT Pell Grant Match Award
- Please begin by clicking the scholarship box and completing the scholarship section of your program application.
- Electronically sign the Consent to Release Student Information Form (FERPA).
- Provide SIT with the name and email address of a financial aid officer at your home school
- SIT Study Abroad will then send a link to a web-based form to the indicated financial aid officer at your home school.
- As part of your scholarship application, you will also want to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) per the scholarship instructions. Add the SIT School Code: 008860 to your existing FAFSA. Please do not eliminate the existing School Code for your home school.
- Once the indicated financial aid officer completes the SIT Study Abroad web-based Financial Assessment Form with proof of your Pell Grant and your FAFSA is received, SIT Study Abroad will match the amount of the Pell Grant dollar for dollar for that semester’s program. You will also be reviewed for additional scholarships, if eligible.
Special Note for Summer Program Students: The Pell Grant Match is available for students who are eligible for summer term Pell Grants as verified by the home school’s financial aid office. It is possible that students receiving special SIT scholarships and who are using their Pell Grant for a summer program may receive a partial match award.