SIT Full-term Fall, Spring, and Summer Programs

SIT Study Abroad welcomes applications from undergraduate students who:

  • are enrolled at an accredited college or university.
  • have completed at least one year of college-level coursework at the time of application and preferably two years for IHP/Comparative programs. (Exceptions: only one semester of college coursework is required for full-length summer programs.)
  • are in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of higher*.
  • meet prerequisites for the programs to which they are applying. Prerequisite information is available on program-specific web pages.

    * SIT programs center on field-based, experiential learning with a wholistic application review. In order to reduce barriers related to standardized scoring models and foster an environment of access and inclusion, the admissions committee encourages applicants in good academic standing, but whose GPA may fall outside of our recommended minimum GPA, to submit an additional statement of context with their official transcripts. 

Online Language Courses

  • SIT welcomes applications from all individuals for online language courses. This includes high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, and adult learners.
  • Please note, high school freshmen and sophomores may be asked for additional materials, or to have a conversation with an SIT staff member prior to enrollment. All individuals must meet stated prerequisites as indicated on the program page. 
  • Transcripts are required for students enrolling in applied language for health science courses (Chile and Madagascar). If a transcript cannot be provided, an oral language exam will be conducted prior to enrollment.  

Virtual Internships

  • SIT’s virtual internship programs are open to all undergraduate students with a minimum 2.5 GPA and good academic standing. Graduate students may be able to complete virtual internship programs and should inquire with the SIT admissions office. 

A transcript will be provided awarding undergraduate credit to those who complete a course or program. Courses may not be taken as Pass/No Pass. Courses are taken for credit and earn letter grades. A transcript will be sent to the home college or university as noted by the applicant on their application, or if not in attendance, the student can list themselves as the intended recipient.