Tap to display sub-menu choices,
press & hold to open topic in new page.
We encourage students and study abroad advisors to use the website to find the most up-to-date information about program curriculum and itinerary.
The admissions committee at SIT strives to select students who will be the best possible match for a program. All applicants should be advised to submit strong academic references and demonstrate a consistent academic record, clear motivation to study abroad, solid reasoning for their program choice, and an understanding of the program model.
Students are encouraged to meet with their college or university study abroad advisors, academic advisors, and faculty to assist in program selection and preparation.
SIT Study Abroad has a rolling admission process, whereby applications are reviewed on a rolling basis between the opening and closing dates of an application cycle. Many programs fill long before the published closing dates, and we encourage students to complete their application early.
Affiliation and Billing Agreements
In order to formalize relationships with individual schools, SIT strongly encourages the creation of an affiliation agreement. The agreement is tailored to the needs of the home institution, creates an official billing arrangement, and identifies the institution’s approved SIT programs. If you are interested in pursuing an affiliation agreement, contact Karen Kray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Customized Application Instructions
SIT understands that our partner schools may have internal application procedures for studying abroad. SIT can add customized messaging to our online application page so that when students from your school apply to an SIT program, they will be directed to your study abroad office or receive important messages related to your policies.
Contact your university relations manager for more information.
University Relations Newsletters
- August 21, 2017
- You’re Invited: SIT Advisor Workshop in Austin, TX
- Join SIT Study Abroad and colleagues from our partner schools at a one-day workshop focusing on advising for SIT programs in Asia and the Pacific. This full-day workshop will take place just prior to the CIEE annual conference on Tuesday, November 7 at the University of Texas at Austin.
- February 10, 2017
- Curricular and Program Updates: News for February 2017!
- In this edition, we've compiled all the most notable curricular and program updates you should know about. This includes new themes in Tunisia and China, new excursions in Kenya and Cameroon; new leadership in Iceland and Nicaragua; new programs in Senegal, Ghana, and South Korea; and more!
- November 21, 2016
- Spotlight on SIT in Africa: November News from SIT Study Abroad
- How do you advise on programs to Africa? Have you thought about the messages that might help encourage students to choose study abroad programs in Africa? Also in this month's newsletter, highlights of our new summer program to South Korea and news about our New African Diasporas Transnational Communities, Cultures, and Economies program -- now also being offered in fall 2017.
- October 12, 2016
- Advising tips about SIT Internships & Brazil: News from SIT Study Abroad
- Have you heard about the new Internship options on select programs? Also in this month's newsletter, advising tips about our programs in Brazil, celebrating student achievement and two Outstanding Independent Study Projects. Deadline for this year's site visit is coming up on November 1 -- are you ready?
- October 5, 2016
- Announcing SIT Faculty Seminars Abroad for 2017
- SIT Study Abroad is pleased to introduce three professional development seminars for faculty in May and June 2017. SIT Faculty Seminars Abroad are academic programs that allow faculty to explore critical contemporary issues in depth within a particular geographical and cultural context. We encourage you to share this announcement with faculty who may be interested in participating. http://bit.ly/2e2VzDX
- May 27, 2016
- Announcing new programs, internships and site visits! News from SIT Study Abroad
- Did you know? We're offering internships on twelve programs starting spring 2017. Also, read about our site visits scheduled for fall 2016 and spring 2017, new leadership in University Relations, and other news you should know.
- February 16, 2016
- Deadline is coming for SIT Faculty Seminars Abroad
- Do you have faculty members looking for a unique professional development experience? They have until March 1 to apply for the upcoming Faculty Seminars Abroad to Australia, Tunisia, or Chile/Argentina.
- February 11, 2016
- Highlighting new summer programs! SIT News for February 2016
- This month, we are highlighting the five new summer programs being launched for 2016 -- Argentina, Brazil, Indonesia, Panama, and Switzerland. Also, deadlines are coming up for the Alice Swanson Fellowship for SIT Study Abroad Alumni, and this summer's Faculty Seminars Abroad to Australia, Tunisia, and Chile/Argentina.
- December 21, 2015
- Advising tips you need, and celebrating a Forum awardee! SIT News for December 2015
- Learn more about the new IHP Social Entrepreneurship: Innovation, Technology, Design, and Social Change program. Read about the curriculum and itinerary changes for fall 2016. Did you see the news of the Oberlin College student who has won The Forum on Education Abroad’s 2015 Undergraduate Research Award? Congratulations to Shavonne Stanek!
- November 10, 2015
- Announcing Scholarships for New Programs
- Are you looking for a program for your business students that is different than the traditional? Check out this program in Switzerland. Also in this month's news: extended deadlines, announcing a scholarship to students on new programs in 2016, and SIT at upcoming conferences.
- October 30, 2015
- Opportunity for undergraduate researchers
- SIT is pleased to support the 8th Annual Human Development Conference. This student-run event is sponsored by the Ford Family Program in Human Development Studies and Solidarity and the Kellogg Institute for International Studies at the University of Notre Dame.
- October 1, 2015
- Study Abroad for you, your students, and faculty! News from SIT Study Abroad
- It's October, so your days are likely full of student advising. So, we've kept this month's newsletter short but useful: learn more about the new Iceland/Greenland semester program, more info on what students need to submit for a complete application, and announcing a new affiliation for HACU and the School for International Training.
- September 1, 2015
- Welcome back! Semester kick-off!
- With the start of a new academic year, we've pulled together the information we think you need: eight new programs, upcoming site visits, updates to our Title IX procedures, ordering posters to pretty-up campus, and more.
- August 26, 2015
- News from SIT Study Abroad: Photo contest winners, SIT HBCU Partnerships summit, and more
- News from July 2015: Read about this year's photo contest results, an exciting partnership with HBCU schools, and other news from SIT Study Abroad.
- June 23, 2015
- June 2015 News: NAFSA, Staff comings and goings, New programs & Next year's site visits!
- News! Read about a unique collaboration at #NAFSA15, staff news, new programs & next year's site visits!
- November 18, 2014
- News from SIT Study Abroad: November 2014