Tap to display sub-menu choices,
press & hold to open topic in new page.
SIT Study Abroad Summer Programs
Take Advantage of Your Summer.
Enroll in an SIT undergraduate summer abroad program to advance your knowledge of a language, global issue, and/or professional field while earning between four and nine academic credits.
SIT’s accredited international programs focus on a range of topics, including those related to anthropology, art, education, geoscience, health, international studies, language, renewable energy, and peace and conflict studies.
Focus on a critical global issue. Acquire entirely new perspectives on critical fields of study such as health, post-conflict transformation, diplomacy, conservation, marine ecology, the arts, and education.
Gain new language proficiency. Complete an intensive Arabic language immersion program or a program with credit-bearing coursework in Spanish, French, Chinese, Malagasy, Portuguese, or Icelandic.
Advance your career trajectory. Gain valuable hands-on field experience in professional areas, including global health, development, and social services, during five-week internships.
- Argentina: Art, Memory, and Social Transformation (Summer)
- China: Community Health and Traditional Chinese Medicine (Summer)
- Colombia: Building a Culture of Peace (Summer)
- Iceland: Renewable Energy, Technology, and Resource Economics (Summer 1)
- Iceland: Renewable Energy, Technology, and Resource Economics (Summer 2)
- India: Agroecology and Food Security in the Himalaya (Summer)
- India: Traditional Medicine and Healthcare Practices (Summer)
- Indonesia: Biodiversity and Conservation in Bali and Borneo (Summer)
- Jordan: Counseling and Humanitarian Action Internship (Summer)
- Jordan: Engineering and Design for Sustainable Environments (Summer)
- Jordan: Intensive Arabic Language Studies (Summer)
- Kenya: Public Health in the Tropics Internship (Summer)
- Madagascar: Traditional Medicine and Healthcare Systems (Summer)
- Morocco: Arabic Language and Community Service (Summer)
- Nepal: Geoscience in the Himalaya (Summer)
- Panama: Community and Nongovernmental Organizations Internship (Summer)
- Panama: Marine Ecology & Blue Carbon Conservation in the Pacific & Caribbean (Summer)
- South Africa: Education and Social Change (Summer)
- South Africa: Social Justice and Activism Internship (Summer)
- Switzerland: Food Security and Nutrition (Summer)
- Switzerland: International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy (Summer)
- Tanzania: Climate Change and Sustainability, Mount Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar (Summer)
- Uganda and Rwanda: Peace and Conflict Studies in the Lake Victoria Basin (Summer)
- Vietnam: Nongovernmental Organization Internship (Summer)