We encourage students and study abroad advisors to use the website to find the most up-to-date information about program curriculum and itinerary.
The admissions committee at SIT strives to select students who will be the best possible match for a program. All applicants should be advised to submit strong academic references and demonstrate a consistent academic record, clear motivation to study abroad, solid reasoning for their program choice, and an understanding of the program model.
Students are encouraged to meet with their college or university study abroad advisors, academic advisors, and faculty to assist in program selection and preparation.
SIT Study Abroad has a rolling admission process, whereby applications are reviewed on a rolling basis between the opening and closing dates of an application cycle. Many programs fill long before the published closing dates, and we encourage students to complete their application early.
Read more about the admissions process and when to apply.
Affiliation and Billing Agreements
In order to formalize relationships with individual schools, SIT strongly encourages the creation of an affiliation agreement. The agreement is tailored to the needs of the home institution, creates an official billing arrangement, and identifies the institution’s approved SIT programs. If you are interested in pursuing an affiliation agreement, contact Karen Kray (email@example.com).
Customized Application Instructions
SIT understands that our partner schools may have internal application procedures for studying abroad. SIT can add customized messaging to our online application page so that when students from your school apply to an SIT program, they will be directed to your study abroad office or receive important messages related to your policies.
Contact your university relations manager for more information.
University Relations Newsletters
- December 21, 2015
- Advising tips you need, and celebrating a Forum awardee! SIT News for December 2015
- Learn more about the new IHP Social Entrepreneurship: Innovation, Technology, Design, and Social Change program. Read about the curriculum and itinerary changes for fall 2016. Did you see the news of the Oberlin College student who has won The Forum on Education Abroad’s 2015 Undergraduate Research Award? Congratulations to Shavonne Stanek!
- November 10, 2015
- Announcing Scholarships for New Programs
- Are you looking for a program for your business students that is different than the traditional? Check out this program in Switzerland.
Also in this month's news: extended deadlines, announcing a scholarship to students on new programs in 2016, and SIT at upcoming conferences.
- October 30, 2015
- Opportunity for undergraduate researchers
- SIT is pleased to support the 8th Annual Human Development Conference.
This student-run event is sponsored by the Ford Family Program in Human Development Studies and Solidarity and the Kellogg Institute for International Studies at the University of Notre Dame.
- October 1, 2015
- Study Abroad for you, your students, and faculty! News from SIT Study Abroad
- It's October, so your days are likely full of student advising. So, we've kept this month's newsletter short but useful: learn more about the new Iceland/Greenland semester program, more info on what students need to submit for a complete application, and announcing a new affiliation for HACU and the School for International Training.
- September 1, 2015
- Welcome back! Semester kick-off!
- With the start of a new academic year, we've pulled together the information we think you need: eight new programs, upcoming site visits, updates to our Title IX procedures, ordering posters to pretty-up campus, and more.
- August 26, 2015
- News from SIT Study Abroad: Photo contest winners, SIT HBCU Partnerships summit, and more
- News from July 2015: Read about this year's photo contest results, an exciting partnership with HBCU schools, and other news from SIT Study Abroad.
- June 23, 2015
- June 2015 News: NAFSA, Staff comings and goings, New programs & Next year's site visits!
- News! Read about a unique collaboration at #NAFSA15, staff news, new programs & next year's site visits!
- November 18, 2014
- News from SIT Study Abroad: November 2014