SIT Study Abroad offers more than 60 accredited semester and summer study abroad programs — in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs in multiple locations. Search programs by location, language, issue area, or term.
The SIT Study Abroad Experience:
- Rigorous academic programs through a field-based, experiential approach
- Undergraduate research through an Independent Study Project
- Cultural immersion through fieldwork, language classes, and urban and rural homestays with local families
- A small group of students in each program, supported by SIT faculty and staff, homestay families, in-country experts, and community members
- Access to SIT’s extensive local resources and networks
- A commitment to reciprocity as the foundation of our educational philosophy
SIT prepares students to be interculturally effective leaders, professionals, and citizens. In so doing, SIT fosters a worldwide network of individuals and organizations committed to responsible global citizenship. SIT fulfills this mission with field-based academic study abroad programs for undergraduates and accredited master’s degrees and certificate programs for graduates and professionals.
World Learning’s academic programs offered through SIT (founded as the School for International Training) are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of SIT. Individuals may also contact: Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, 209 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730-1433; 781 271-0022; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.