- ADMISSIONS & AID
- HEALTH, SAFETY & WELL-BEING
- MEDIA CENTER
SIT Study Abroad has a team of trained Student Affairs duty officers available 24 hours a day to respond to potential threats to student safety and manage emergency situations.
Students are insured through Cigna Global, which has a direct billing agreement in place with International SOS to ensure a seamless claims process. For further details about the Cigna Global policy coverage, read the Summary of Benefits and the Summary of Coverage.
To help ensure the health and safety of all participants, we partner with International SOS to provide membership to all of our students in their medical and security assistance services. International SOS has been providing high-quality global medical and security services for more than 25 years. In the unlikely event of a medical emergency, the highest quality medical care will be arranged for students. If necessary, the coverage facilitates medical and security evacuation from the country.
The services of International SOS are meant to complement the risk management and health recommendations of the SIT Study Abroad Student Affairs team. All participants are automatically enrolled in this coverage.
Students are strongly encouraged to maintain their ongoing coverage in the US.
SIT’s membership with International SOS includes access to a 24-hour emergency assistance network. This multilingual service can help locate appropriate medical treatment; coordinate with doctors and hospitals; arrange direct payment, emergency medical evacuation, replacement of stolen passports or tickets; and provide other general assistance.
If you need emergency medical support services:
- Contact your academic director or other local staff member.
- Contact International SOS immediately by calling +1.215.942.8478.
- Identify yourself with the membership number 11BYCA639556 or mention SIT Study Abroad.
Students should be prepared to pay for their own medical expenses out of pocket, keep their receipts, and then submit a claim for reimbursement at www.cignaenvoy.com. Students will need to provide details about the date of their treatment and their diagnosis, upload receipts, and provide banking information for direct deposit reimbursement.
Completing a Claim for Reimbursement
Instructions for filing a claim with Cigna at www.cignaenvoy.com.
- From the “I am a customer” box select “I am an international business traveler.”
- Log on by entering the username and password: Username: 07835AMBA Password: Cigna1.
- Select “Online Claims” from the banner menu.
- If you are a student, enter student information in the employee fields.
- On this website, you will need to provide: details about your claim; travel dates; preferred payment method; banking information for direct deposit.
International SOS Contact Information
Call direct or collect: +1.215.942.8478. There is coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Member number: 11BYCA639556