Stay Connected and Engaged! Tap into the Resources of SIT and World Learning.
Welcome back! The transition to life at home can be full of exciting possibilities. This toolkit includes resources to smooth your transition and help you integrate your study-abroad experience into your academic and professional life.
Studying abroad as an undergraduate student with SIT is just the beginning of lifelong engagement with a global network of contacts, resources, and opportunities. SIT alumni join a worldwide community of students and participants from the entire family of World Learning Inc. programs, which includes SIT Graduate Institute, The Experiment in International Living, and World Learning international development and exchange programs.
SIT and World Learning Inc. alumni are engendering change worldwide — in fields that include sustainable development, international education, TESOL, conflict transformation, public policy, advocacy, food security, and social justice, among many other areas. Connect with this remarkable network by registering on SIT Connect, our alumni community and directory.
Stay up-to-date on special events taking place throughout the year.
Advance your career utilizing SIT’s comprehensive career services, available to all students and alumni.
Get connected with the nearly 50,000 students who have participated in SIT's accredited undergraduate study abroad, graduate, and professional programs, since its founding fifty years ago through SIT Connect, our private alumni community and directory. Or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Advising and Mentorship Opportunities
- Register on SIT Connect for access to hundreds of potential mentors. Our online community and directory lets you connect with hundreds of fellow alumni in dozens of fields who are willing to serve as mentors—or offer your own help as a mentor.
- SIT Study Abroad Alumni Mentors. Mentors contribute to the success of current and future SIT students by sharing information about their programs via phone or email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time about this volunteer opportunity.
- Alice Rowan Swanson Fellowship. Fellows return to the country where they studied to pursue development projects that benefit human rights in that region. Applications are accepted twice annually, with deadlines on March 1 and October 1.
- Advancing Leaders Fellowship. Recipients receive $10,000, comprehensive training in social innovation and leadership, and a support network of mentors and peers to implement an original social innovation project.
- Global Reciprocity Fund. Learn how you can continue to collaborate with your academic directors and local program staff by proposing a project through this fund.
- SIT Study Abroad/IHP Trustees’ Fellow. Fellows serve as group leaders and traveling facilitators on IHP/Comparative programs. Learn more.
- SIT Graduate Institute. Master’s degrees, certificates, and professional development programs in peacebuilding and conflict transformation, international education, sustainable development, and TESOL. Visit us online or call 800 336-1616.
- Be a group leader with the Experiment in International Living. Spend a summer abroad as a group leader with World Learning’s high school summer abroad program. Visit The Experiment online or call 800 345-2929.
- Additional opportunities and resources for alumni are listed on the website of World Learning Inc., SIT Study Abroad’s parent organization.