Tap to display sub-menu choices,
press & hold to open topic in new page.
Critical Global Issues
Geopolitics and Power
Power shifts and power plays challenge outmoded geopolitical models that are failing to ensure global security and stability. Disruptions, though tumultuous, create spaces to interrogate the politics of the past and construct alternative systems of power. Our programs explore the many shocks to the system that give rise to regional independence movements, new forms of populism rife with old nationalisms, and illiberal democracies, and ask ‘what next?’ Students gain nuanced perspectives from leading political scientists, diplomats, policymakers and civic activists who are engaged in reimagining our political future.
- Jordan: Geopolitics, International Relations, and the Future of the Middle East
- Malaysia and China: International Relations and New Economies
- Mongolia and Siberia: Nomadism, Geopolitics, and the Environment
- Nepal: Tibetan and Himalayan Peoples
- Senegal: Global Security and Religious Pluralism
- Senegal: Hip-hop, African Diaspora and Decolonial Futures
- South Africa: Social and Political Transformation
- Spain: Policy, Law, and Regional Autonomy in Europe
- Switzerland: International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy
- Tunisia and Italy: Politics and Religious Integration in the Mediterranean