- ADMISSIONS & AID
- HEALTH, SAFETY & WELL-BEING
- MEDIA CENTER
Cost & Scholarships
SIT Study Abroad is committed to making international education accessible to all students. Scholarship awards generally range from $500 to $5,000 for semester programs and $500 to $3,000 for summer programs. This year, SIT will award more than $1.5 million in scholarships and grants to SIT Study Abroad students.
SIT Pell Grant Match Award. SIT Study Abroad provides matching grants to students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding for the term during which they are studying with SIT. This award can be applied to any SIT program. Qualified students must complete the scholarship portion of their application. View all SIT Study Abroad scholarships.
- Cost of all lecturers who provide instruction to students in:
- Psychology and Mental Health in Conflict and Post-Conflict Contexts
- Research Methods and Ethics in Psychology and Counseling
- Jordanian culture and society
- Research Methods and Ethics course on research methods and Human Subjects Review to prepare students for successful completion of primary field research in Jordan for the Independent Study Project
- Language instruction in Arabic
- All educational excursions to locations such as Petra, Wadi Rum, Dana Nature Reserve, Aqaba, and Turkey, including all related travel costs
- Independent Study Project or Internship
- Accident and Illness insurance throughout the entire program period
Room & Board
The room and board fee covers the following program components:
- All accommodations during the entire program period. This includes during orientation, time in the program base (Amman), on all excursions, during the Independent Study Project or internship, and during the final evaluation period.
- Homestay (14 weeks in Amman)
- All meals for the entire program period. Meals are covered by SIT Study Abroad directly, through a stipend, or through the homestay.
Airfare to Program Site
Airline pricing can vary greatly due to the volatility of airline industry pricing, flight availability, and specific flexibility/restrictions on the type of ticket purchased. Students may choose to take advantage of frequent flyer or other airline awards available to them, which could significantly lower their travel costs.
Visa requirements are different for each country. You may be required to present paper documents directly to a foreign consulate in person prior to arrival.
You may be asked to show proof of certain vaccinations before traveling to regions with a high prevalence of some diseases. You can usually obtain this documentation from your primary healthcare provider.
SIT requires you to carry a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the end of your intended stay. For U.S. citizens, passport processing time may take up to six weeks.
Books & Supplies
The cost of books varies on each program and special supplies may be required. Please see your pre-departure document for details.
Each student must bring a smart phone that is able to accept a local SIM card with them to their program, or they must purchase a smart phone locally.
Personal expenses during the program vary based on individual spending habits and budgets. While all meals and accommodations are covered in the room and board fee, incidentals and personal transportation costs differ depending on the non-program-related interests and pursuits of each student. To learn more about personal budgeting, we recommend speaking with alumni who participated in a program in your region. See a full list of our alumni contacts. Please note that free time to pursue non-program-related activities is limited.
Please Note: Fees and additional expenses are based on all known circumstances at the time of calculation. Due to the unique nature of our programs and the economics of host countries, SIT reserves the right to change its fees or additional expenses without notice.
In order to make study abroad more accessible, SIT’s partner colleges and universities may charge home school tuition fees for their students participating on an SIT Study Abroad program. If your institution has an agreement with SIT and charges fees different from those assessed by SIT, please contact your study abroad advisor for more details. The SIT published price is the cost to direct enroll in the SIT program. Tuition fees may vary for students based on your home college’s or university’s billing policies with SIT.
Room & Board
Airfare to/from program site, visa expenses, immunizations, books & supplies, international phone services, and personal expenses are not included in the tuition or room & board.
* These are estimated costs. Actual costs may vary.