- ADMISSIONS & AID
- HEALTH, SAFETY & WELL-BEING
- MEDIA CENTER
SIT Program Protection
SIT is an investment in your future. Here’s how we help you protect it.
As you build a strong foundation for your future, you can invest with confidence in SIT. We are committed to protecting your investment in case of program suspensions due to health, safety, or security concerns.
As an SIT student, you are entitled to protective measures. COVID-19 related withdrawals from any 2021 or Spring 2022 program also carry these protections.
SIT received the Innovation in Crisis Response award from GoAbroad for ‘Operation Bring Our Students’ Home’.
These protective measures include:
- Reimbursement of all direct payments to SIT if your program is suspended prior to start date* (excludes $50 non-refundable application fee if an application fee was required)
- Should you need to withdraw for any reason from your 2021 or Spring 2022 program prior to its start date, we will issue a full refund for all program fees paid directly to SIT, including the non-refundable $400 deposit**
- Option to change to an equivalent program in any region of the world if your original program is altered or suspended
- Option to defer to the same program during another term at no additional cost (with home college/university approval)
- Option to complete your program’s academic requirements online if your program is suspended while in progress
*Only if student does not enroll in replacement program.
**This does not apply to programs with a $2,500 deposit, which will continue to follow our standard deposit refund policy.
Stay on track with your academic goals, wherever you are.
SIT offers a selection of academic online courses and programs for credit. Explore our new online-friendly formats, including language courses, and virtual internships — all grounded in SIT’s commitment to experiential, immersive learning. Keep your goals on track and get the skills you need for a future career in the global marketplace.
Please contact SIT Admissions for more information.