Switzerland: International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2014 Overview Brochure (PDF, 2MB)
- View the 2014 Semester Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- View the 2014 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Students live with a Swiss or international family in a village or town near Nyon for 14 weeks during the semester. Living in the French-speaking canton of Vaud enables students to experience Francophone culture. Exposure to the country's cultural and ethnic mosaic helps students understand the traditional values of the Swiss political system: federalism, tolerance, respect for minorities, neutrality, and direct democracy.
Many students choose to participate in arts groups and sports during this period, allowing them to meet other Swiss peers.
Other accommodations during the program include hostels or small hotels during study trips.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: Geneva
Language Study: French
Prerequisites: Coursework in international studies, political science, or prelaw Read more...
View Student Evaluations for this program:
888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA