China: Community Health and Traditional Chinese Medicine (Summer)
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2014 Overview Brochure (PDF, 2MB)
- View the 2014 Semester Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- View the 2014 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Please note that in order to take advantage of dynamic learning opportunities, program excursions may occasionally vary.
Students participate in one extended excursion north of Kunming, to Dali, Lijiang, Zhongdian, and surrounding villages. Students there gain insight into minority culture, alternative health practices, and rural life. Students visit clinics, explore Tibetan Traditional Medicine and Dongba traditions, and learn about the vast difference between daily life in urban versus rural settings.
Duration: 6 weeks
Program Base: Kunming
Language Study: Chinese
Prerequisites: Previous college-level coursework or other significant preparation in the health sciences or a related field, as assessed by SIT. Read more...
View Student Evaluations for this program:
888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA